Des Moines County Postal Credit Union Merger FAQ
1. When will the merger occur and will I be affected by the merger?
On September 1, 2018, your DMCPCU account will officially become an Alliant Credit Union account.
2. Are accounts at Alliant Credit Union safe and secure?
Individual share accounts held by the same member are added together and are federally insured up to the maximum of $250,000. IRA accounts are added together and are insured separately. If any member had an Alliant Credit Union account prior to the merger, both the DMCPCU and Alliant share accounts will be added together and insured up to $250,000. Jointly owned accounts have additional coverage.
3. Will my account number change?
All DMCPCU members will be receiving new account numbers. All members will be receiving a packet in August that will include a Member ID card. This ID card will have your name and new account number.
4. Important Information to Know:
ACU Burlington Address: 3001 Sylvania Drive, Burlington, IA (located off Roosevelt Avenue)
Toll-Free Phone: 800.928.4328
5. Will the rates on my DMCPCU accounts change?
Savings and checking rates will be updated to reflect Alliant Credit Union’s rates on September 1, 2018.
6. What is the Routing number for Alliant Credit Union?
Alliant Credit Union’s routing number is 273974633
7. How will my accounts change?
Account Number: All DMCPCU members will be receiving a new account number.
Interest Rate: At Alliant Credit Union, you’ll start earning interest on your savings account with only $25.
8. What online and mobile services does Alliant Credit Union have?
ACU offers real-time online banking, text and email alerts, enotices, online billpay, estatements, mobile banking apps for Android and iOS, and Mobile Deposit Capture. Members must be enrolled in ACU’s online banking to use mobile banking apps.
9. I would like to enroll in online banking with ACU; how will I enroll?
Enrolling for online services with ACU is simple. Once members are signed into online banking, members can sign-up for eStatements, enotices, text and email alerts, Mobile Deposit Capture and online billpay.
10. Will I continue to receive statements?
Beginning with your December statement, members can enroll for eStatements through Alliant Credit Union. To do so, members will need to be enrolled in WebTeller, ACU’s online banking.
Beginning with your September statement, all members will begin receiving statements through Alliant Credit Union. All members will receive a year end statement from DMCPCU with information through August 31, 2018. Members will receive a 1099 Form, if applicable, through August 31, 2018, from DMCPCU.
11. Will I be able to receive a new checking account?
Yes. ACU offers a great checking option that pays a monthly dividend and all members receive one free box of checks yearly upon request.
12. What about direct deposit of my paychecks?
Initially, these will automatically be redirected to Alliant Credit Union. However, after the merger, all DMCPCU members will want to update their banking information, including routing number and account number, with their Human Resources/payroll department.
13. I currently have payroll deduction set-up. Will there be any changes?
There will be no changes to payroll deduction DMCPCU members have set-up.
14. Are there fees to use an ATM when using an ACU ATM/debit card?
Alliant Credit Union does not charge fees for members to use their ATM/debit card at an ATM machine. The ATM owner may assess terminal charges. Members are encouraged to use Privileged Status or Alliance One surcharge free ATM machines.
15. Will I have access to ATMs?
Alliant Credit Union is part of the Privileged Status and Alliance One ATM networks. If you visit an ATM displaying one of the logo’s below, you will receive a surcharge free transaction. You can search for surcharge free ATMs by visiting www.alliantcu.com. There are over six surcharge-free ATMs in the Burlington and surrounding areas.
- HY-VEE C-STORE, 3140 AGENCY BURLINGTON, IA 52601
- GREAT WESTERN BANK, 315-323 N 3RD AVE BURLINGTON, IA 52601
- MIDWESTONE BANK, 3225 DIVISION ST BURLINGTON, IA 52601
- GREAT WESTERN BANK, 1010 N ROOSEVELT BURLINGTON, IA 52601
- BANK - 1403 ROOSEVELT, 1403 S ROOSEVELT BURLINGTON, IA 52601
- FARMERS SAVINGS BANK, 3131 SUNNYSIDE AVE BURLINGTON, IA 52601
16. I have a loan. Will anything change?
Your payment, rate and terms will remain the same. Members can continue making payments just as you do now.
17. What about my automated loan payments and transfers?
There will be no changes to your automated payments and transfers.
18. I have a loan with DMCPCU. The same loan type and term is available at Alliant Credit Union with a lower APR. Can I get the new rate?
Per Alliant Credit Union lending policy, members who are interested in receiving the lower loan rate would need to borrow an additional 20% of their loan balance to get the lower loan rate. **See question #19 regarding loan pricing with Alliant Credit Union.
19. Alliant Credit Union uses Risk Based Pricing on all consumer loans. What is Risk Based Pricing?
Risk Based Pricing is used on all consumer loans with Alliant Credit Union. This pricing provides an unbiased product pricing tool. In simple terms, a member’s credit score will determine the rate in which a loan will be granted.
20. I’ve been a long-time member of DMCPCU and I’ve grown to like Beth. What will happen to her?
Beth is very excited to be retiring. She will be working with ACU through the merger process and then will be recalibrating into a well-deserved retirement.
21. What are the hours of the Burlington Branch?
Starting Monday, September 3, 2018, DMCPCU members can begin visiting the Alliant Credit Union Burlington branch during the following hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am- 4:30 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Drive Up Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am- 5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
22. What are some new services or products that DMCPCU members will now be able to use?
Checking, Money Market, Health Savings Accounts, Credit Cards, Mobile Banking, Online BillPay, Mobile Deposit Capture, Gift Cards, Prepaid Debit Cards, Student Loans, Student Consolidation Loans, Coverdell ESA, Award-Winning Mortgage Department, Credit Life and Credit Disability options for Consumer Loans, Member Business Loans and access to StackStone Wealth (a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial).