If you are looking to become part of an energetic team in a fast-growing business, Alliant Credit Union may be the right fit for you.
Mortgage Loan Officer, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Alliant Credit Union is currently hiring for a Mortgage Loan Officer for our Dubuque Operations. This position requires Mortgage Loan Officer be familiar and comply with credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations. You will interview applicants for real-estate loans and prepare, analyze, process and document all required forms and related documentation for real-estate loans. You will also approve or deny loan applications based on analysis of each applicant's background and will operate under moderate credit authority. This position may also serve as a back-up to the Consumer Lending Department. Must be willing to work flexible hours Monday through Friday and Saturday mornings. A minimum of 3+ years’ experience is preferred. Alliant Credit Union offers an excellent benefits package including attractive wages, employer contributed 401k, health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, vacation and sick pay and paid holidays. Come be a part of our growing organization!
- Develop mortgage loan business through member seminars, and calls to realtors, contractors, and other institutions.
- Establish and monitor control procedures for first mortgage and second mortgage loan portfolio.
- Interview loan applicants and assist members with the loan application process.
- Pull credit reports for all applicants, verify debts, and estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application.
- Approve or deny real-estate loan applications and document reason for either within established guidelines.
- Ensure that each real-estate loan is processed accurately.
- Prepare mortgage loan application and document packet for closing.
- Properly communicate with all parties including borrowers and realtors during the entire process.
- Manage loan process from origination through closing.
- Process and fund loan on core system.
- Monitor and reply to leads for your branch/region from Simply Focused –Lead Manager
- Be able to pay title company fees for title searches, legal work and appraisals.
- Be able to pay real-estate taxes, including calculating tax shortages and new monthly payments.
- Maintain accurate records of insurance and taxes on real-estate loans.
- Serve as a back-up in the consumer loan department.
- Serve as a back-up to business development.
- Attend various meetings in the community and/or trade associations to develop new business prospects and promote the credit union.
- May make presentations on financial services to groups to promote credit union products.
- Promote all products and services with cross-selling to meet members’ needs.